Friday, March 27, 2015

My Love Affair With The Sea & How it Inpires Me...

Hello Beautiful Readers~ 

Is it nice out where you live? Today it's really warm in Island County, Washington! Blue skies and sun! About 68 degrees F. (that is very warm for me and where we used to live..on the east coast).

Went on a very vigorous power walk (love to exercise for body & mind) to one of my favorite beaches on the island. Needed a break from designing, photographing, writing and so on. It's amazing what the sea does for my soul. For as long as I can remember I've had a love affair with the sea. It is such a huge inspiration for my jewelry creations. When I was little, my family vacationed in Florida every summer for one month. I remember living in the ocean or pool. Swimming in the sea..floating there..like a mermaid.  For hours and hours. We also had a pool growing up. Nothing super fancy. Just a nice pool. If you live in California, chances are you have a swimming pool!

So, when I wasn't in Florida for one month, the rest of the summer, I was in our backyard pool with my neighbor (a dear friend I still am in contact with, don't you love those friends you've had forever. The ones that have known you since you were a little girl and are like family always. She's the best). We were always swimming, diving, sloshing around like elegant fish.  The vacations in Florida were such a highlight growing up. I had the sea and the sea had me! I loved the sand between my toes, the lukewarm turquoise water, the gentle waves, the salty delicious fragrance that only the sea can have.... My love for the ocean sprouted...and from then on..my love affair grew....

My favorite beach on the island where we now live. Where I find many of the seashells I am using in several of my new necklaces.


I'm constantly inspired by the sea for my jewelry designs. It's by far, one of my biggest (if not the biggest) inspirations. The ever changing colors of blue. Turquoise, sky, teal, sea foam, slate,...and on it goes. So exquisite. So incredibly beautiful. Evokes feelings of tranquility, romance, love, inner peace. The sea is healing. When I'm in it or walking around it..I immediately feel uplifted. Renewed. Invigorated. It's incredible what it does for me. Does it have that affect on you? The sounds, the delicious smell, the clean air..a feast for your eyes. For all your senses. Have you been to the sea?

Inspired by the sea & fashion.

Two in One Necklace. My Sea Shell series. The Shell comes off...Natural Shell..Delicious water colored gemstones!

Fresh Breeze Necklace/The first one/Just added it to my Etsy Shop. Natural Shell & aqua blue chalcedony. Dreamy.
I have been to many gorgeous beaches in my travels.... Just sharing a couple pictures right now. I may do a special blog entry on my love for Italy in the future... and other seaside places i've been to. Travel combined with the sea..(have gathered much inspiration for my jewelry designs from both). My love affair with the Sea ...to be continued.


Positano. Italy. On the Amalfi Coast.


 
Positano, Italy. On the Amalfi Coast. I LOVE Italy. So very much. 

 One last jewelry piece. Earrings. The color of the Mediterranean Sea.. For sale in my etsy shop. Inspired by my love of turquoise, and ..yes..you got it...the magical SEA.


 
I call these "Beach Chic." Earrings. All sterling silver. Baroque freshwater pearls, and azure blue apatite. 

 Thank you for being here. Be well. Be in the moment and above all else, Be Sparkly. ~Marissa T.

No comments:

Post a Comment